Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Little Bit of Homecooking

Today I had the distinct pleasure of an 8 a.m. Philosophy class that takes place all the way across campus in the most drab and depressing room imaginable. I'm not sure what the "higher ups" at Marquette were thinking when they decided that a class on logic and argument should take place at such an ungodly hour, but thanks to some "fortuitous" schedule conflicts, I get to enjoy the wonderful consequences of their decision making.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, onto the title of this post. The "Homecooking" refers to both today's weather and the new love of my life. The big news flash of the day is IT'S FINALLY CLOUDY IN MILWAUKEE!. I never though I would enjoy walking outside into 55 degree heat with utterly overcast skies above so much. The truth is, I had almost been getting sick of the perfect blue skies, scorching heat and near-aquatic humidity. Imagine my delight when I woke up to find not just clouds in the sky, but actual raindrops on my bike seat. It almost felt like I was back in Anchorage again...but flatter....and more concrete....and less moose.

As for my new passion, she can only be described as a goddess. This woman, who I only met a few days ago, has changed my life in unimaginable ways. She is, of course, the wonderful breakfast chef in the Straz cafeteria. After I roll in from my aforementioned 8 a.m. class; tired, hungry, and broken, who should be there? It's her, waiting to serve me up my very own, custom made omelet. I honestly can't imagine living without her at this point. This lady deserves a pay raise or a statue or something. No camera this morning, but pictures will be coming soon so that all of you can appreciate how wonderful this food really is...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... you are seriously an amazing writer... can i have ur John Handcock anytime sooon????? cuz i love this stuff.. and i know that everyone else will too..

Rosey said...

"hot grilly food..."

Anonymous said...

bring a camera.

and can i have your "John Handcock" (sic) anytime soon, too?

Anonymous said...

Chris, you're...you're a genius. I will, from here on out, obsessive-compulsively check your blog. =)

Anonymous said...

Food, oh yes that commodity thousands of people in this world don't have any of. Glad you like having it. GPD