Monday, September 8, 2008

Trying to Right Certain Wrongs

I know that all of you appreciate the frequent updates on this blog. I also know that all of you are busy people. That's why I haven't typed anything in a week. It was all for you. I know how you all obsessively read my musings and with classes starting at several universities I didn't want to burden you. But I am back and you will now have to endure (gasp) DAILY POSTS!

I had the distinct opportunity of communing with a fellow grizzly bear on Saturday when I met my Alaskan counterpart at the club crew dinner. There are only two of us in the Marquette class of 2012 and by some twist of luck, or fate, we both ended up deciding to row on the greatest club team in the nation. We actually had a lot of fun comparing the questions all these midwesterners ask us ("Is it always dark?" "How cold does it get?" "Do you know Sarah Palin?"). Practice starts today on the Milwaukee river and I am very exciting to get out on the water, even though it is pouring rain right now.

I also need to apologize about the lack of blog sexyifaction (there it is again for those of you who make fun of my word creation habit), it fell victim to the 150 pages I read in my seminar book on Sunday. Actually, almost everything fell victim to "The Sparrow," possibly the worst novel ever penned. Nothing like a a bunch of Jesuit priests (one of them gay!) who take a mission to a new planet to meet the local aliens. Compliment that with a heavy dose of obvious religious commentary and a whole chapter on masturbation and you have the recipe for one...interesting novel?

More to come tomorrow...I promise. Pictures also also coming soon, just waiting on the cord. If I don't find it tonight I'm going to buy a new one so the problem should be solved by week's end regardless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me very happy.... :P

Anonymous said...

approval granted...

Anonymous said...

Update: As of September 8, 9:27am, your fan club account is in the black! Keep on writing, and hopefully we can spring for the cord for picture supplementation.